1. Is it necessary for counselors who work with families to assess each and every family for domestic violence? Why or why not?
2. What information should be included in a safety plan for dealing with intimate partner violence?
3. What challenges do counselors face when assessing for spousal or domestic partner abuse? What are some strategies for overcoming these challenges?
4. How can knowledge of the abuse cycle assist you as a counselor to detect possible spousal abuse when providing couples counseling?
5. What efficacy issues should counselors analyze when identifying possible community resources for the prevention of interpersonal violence?
6. What information should be included in an intimate partner violence prevention plan?
7. Explain the importance of completing a child abuse assessment at the onset of mental health counseling as well as continuing to assess for this throughout the course of treatment.
8. Compare and contrast overt and covert acts of sexual exploitation. Is one easier to identify or address through professional counseling than the other? Defend your rationale.
9. Research legal and ethical standards for child abuse reporting in your community. Provide a list of these standards and highlight the information that you feel is most useful to you as a burgeoning counselor.
10. Child abuse reporting can take its toll on the therapist, particularly if the family or client involved is volatile. Discuss how one’s own apprehension and nervousness could “get in the way” of reporting child abuse immediately, and ways to combat this tendency to procrastinate. In addition, provide your understanding of the time requirements for child abuse reporting in your state.
Each question needs to be answer with 150-200 words and have a cite in the answer. Should look like this
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post 1. Is it necessary for counselors who work with families to assess each and every family for domestic violence? Why or why not? 2. What information should be included in a safety plan for dealing with appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.