Aligning Standards and Learning Objectives
Part 1: Lesson Plan Analysis
Review the “COE Lesson Plan Example” located in Topic Materials. On the “Aligning Standards and Learning Objectives” template, write 250-500 words, responding to the following prompts, as they relate to the lesson plan:
· What is the academic standard?
· What is the learning objective?
· Are the standard and objective aligned? How do you know? Provide a rationale.
· What is the lesson about? What does this lesson cover?
· Do the assessments effectively measure the academic standard and learning objective? Justify your response.
Part 2: Unwrapping the Standards
|Grade Level: 1st
State Learning Standard: 1.OA.A.1- Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems with unknowns in all positions e.g., by using objects, drawings, and/or equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem (Arizona Department of Education, 2018).
This is what students NEED TO KNOW
1. Use addition and subtraction with numbers in there 20’s
2. Solve word problems
3. Be able to use objects, drawings, or equations with a symbol for an unknown number
These three objectives completely align with the state standard listed above.
This is what students NEED TO UNDERSTAND
This is what students NEED TO BE ABLE TO DO
In a few sentences, summarize this lesson.
© 2018 Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Aligning Standards and Learning Objectives appeared first on nursing writers.