Psychology is the scientific study of behavior and mental processes. Psychologists utilize the scientific method to test their ideas. There are many different types of research studies. In this interactive learning activity, your original post will explain the basic precepts of scientific approaches to the study of psychology; your responses will focus on descriptive and correlational methods. Be sure to use your own academic voice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and apply in-text citations (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. appropriately throughout your post.
- Select a hypothesis from the following list:
- Students who sit in the front row earn higher grades.
- Attractive people are more likely to be asked on a date.
- People drive more aggressively when behind the wheel of a sports car.
- Diet is more effective than exercise in a weight loss program.
- Reading to a child will result in a larger vocabulary.
- Insert your own idea: __________________________________________
- Briefly summarize a perspective (e.g., behaviorism, psychodynamic theory, cognitivism, humanism, sociocultural perspectives, biological/physiological/psychological) that you might apply to your study of this topic. Explain how it may be relevant to your understanding of this topic.
- Describe a simple experiment that you might conduct to test the hypothesis you have chosen. In your description, include the following:
- Identify the independent and dependent variables, clearly operationalizing each.
- Explain how you would implement your manipulation and measure responses.
- Predict any potential confounds and how to best control these factors.
- Discuss steps a researcher could take to prevent bias (experimenter, subject, and/or sampling bias).
- Apply your knowledge of ethics to your experimental design by explaining why bias is an important consideration in the process.
- Remember to use your own academic voice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and apply in-text citations (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. appropriately throughout your post
response of 250 words or more
Guided Response: Reply to at least one peer who chose a hypothesis other than the one you selected and two or more peers overall. The goal of this interactive learning activity is to foster creative and critical thinking. Consider the following questions in your responses:
The post Discuss steps a researcher could take to prevent bias appeared first on Nursing Essay Tutors.
Discuss steps a researcher could take to prevent bias was first posted on February 12, 2024 at 2:28 pm.
©2019 "nursingassignmenttutor". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com